SSDC (Student Skill Development Centre)
Practical content beyond curriculum of each engineering program is offered to students to carry out projects and acquire skills to solve complex Engineering problems.
This has been producing tremendous outcome in terms of student learning and excitement.
1. Students Skill Development Center for Embedded Systems
Students Skill Development Center (SSDC) for Embedded Systems is established by HITAM keeping in view doing engineering rather than just studying engineering. Through this center we enrich Students programming skills, hardware interfacing skills, how to manage projects and how to work in team. The Institute works towards fill the gap between academic world and industry.
SSDC course divided into two phases.
Phase 1: In this phase we train students on Arduino . Sensor like mq2 gas sensor , soil moister , infrared , humidity , temperature , Passive Infrared , proximity , ultrasonic ,touch sensor, sound sensor MEMS , heartbeat , color , rain sensor. Actuators like DC motors, L293D, stepper motors, servo motors, LED, LCD, 7 Segment display, relay , TRIAC, bulb , fan , AC motor . Wireless com-
munication Bluetooth HC05, LORA, Zigbee , RF Tx and Rx, GSM SIM 800, GPS, finger print sensor , DTMF,NRF.
Protocols: Implement I2C, SPI protocols on arduino
Phase 2: In this phase we train students on Node MCU, Raspberry pi 3 B+ and IOT. In this phase we cover introduction to OS and OS internals. How to load kernel image in SD card using API, and how to write programs in python, basics of HTML and PHP. Then we train students on how to create ID in web server and push data to web server like Blynk, think speak via raspberry pi, Node MCU. Raspberry Pi and Node MCU interfacing to several sensors and actuators as mention above.
Note: Phase 1 is in even semester and phase 2 is in odd semester
Students undergo extensive training on above mention platforms and do several projects related to health care, society need, transportation and ease of life. Students get certified by industry at the end of each phase. Frequently Students interacts with industry experts to stay updated on cutting edge technologies.
To bridge the gap between Industry and Academic, we initiated Student Skill Development Centre, Where we try to make students employable as per industry needs. We believe that Skill development is not a goal in itself, it must result in employment. It is important to ensure development of Technical Skills in students; they are strengthened and made credible in the eyes of the industry
1) IN 2019 TOTALLY 52 STUDENTS GOT CERTIFIED BY ELEGANT EMBEDDED SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD ON ARDUINO AND INTERNET OF THINGS(IOT)
2) FOUR FACULTY(VINOD KUMAR AHUJA, UDAY KUMAR, BINDU REDDY, DINESH) CERTIFIED BY ELEGANT EMBEDDED SOLUTION PVT LTD ON ARDUINO AND INTERNET OF THINGS(IOT) AND RASPBERRY PI.
3) STUDENTS RECEIVED 1ST PRIZE FOR THE BEST PROJECT IN THE 24 HOURS HACKATHON ON INTERNET OF THINGS AT HITAM
4) IN 2018 TOTALLY 86 STUDENTS GOT CERTIFIED BY ELEGANT EMBEDDED SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD ON ARDUINO
5) KARTHIK KATTA, DEEPA MANDAL, AMITH RECEIVED RS 5000 CASH AWARD FOR SECURING 3RD POSITION IN NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION. TOTALLY 205 DESIGN AND 603 STUDENTS PARTICIPATED.
5) KARTHIK RECEIVE 1ST PRIZE IN DESIGN EXPO CONDUCTED BY ST. PETERS ENGG COLLEGE RECEIVED RS 1500 CASH AWARD