Objectives of the Practice:
The objective of establishing affinity clubs in the institute helps keep all the students engaged and also increase their intellect in their fields of choice. Students tend to lose a touch on many of their original habitat and continue in the misconception that they have to reproduce what’s in the book. Affinity clubs helps them do engineering in the ways they choose to understand rather than learn engineering increasing the quality of engineers to increase. This makes an all rounded and satisfied engineer to be produced out of our institute and contribute to the society.
Having been blessed to have about students of 700, our sample space is a large number of colorful minds with their own similarities. Henceforth our first step to achieve our ultimate goal involved taking a survey as to which club would the students like to join and if they choose to form their own club, what they would be. This gave us a detailed idea as to what we should be providing and what they would be expecting the college to give. The next step was finding a spokes person or representatives for the clubs that were established. Both a faculty and student spokes person would be helpful in documenting and communicating the data as to how the club continues to function. The next step includes preparing a schedule as to how the clubs choose to represent, participate, or remain active. This includes on a larger forum, the events performance, the success rate in attracting audience for their events, advertising statistics, stability or increase in quality and participation of all the club members.
The last step would include performance analysis. This would be the step where every club is analyses on basis of how active, how enthralling, how exciting and how relatable they remained in the working semester. This will help us understand if a specific club is meeting up to the point, it has proposed initially in its action plans or not. If a club remains low achieving for a long period of time i. e if the clubs members remain uninterested then the club can shut down if the members wish to. In the above four steps we tend to let the students choose, enjoy, socialize, expand, explore and express making our institute more student centralized.
Affilinity Clubs for the A.Y 2020-21
- Role of Faculty Facilitator
- Regular functioning of affinity clubs must be noted
- MOMs to be maintained
- External trainees and mentoring can be requested to enhance a specific club
- Supporting the students for logistics in organizing any event
- There will be no selected designations inside the club, where as all clubs will have one representative elected by the club members itself as Student coordinator
- Role of Student Coordinator
- He/she will be elected by the club members
- He/she will be representing the club in any meetings or presentations
- He/she will act as a mediator between the club and the management
- He/she won’t be a decision maker in the club. All decisions in the club must be taken by the club members wholesomely
- Every club must be projecting their progress every week, as per the scheduled timetable.
- Any club not reaching up its target as promised in the first two months may be dissolved.
- As clubs are like as an arena for like thinking minds to make a difference, every club will have to define their individual ideas in detail to not let over lap the other clubs.
- Any special requests for aid from the management will be heard to and discussed about with the Faculty Facilitator.
List of Affinity Clubs
Literary Intellects Club
Social Club / HAO
Honey Bee / Palle srujana
Youth for Seva
Go Green Club
Lets Nacho – Dance Club
Aptitude Enforcement Club
Comedy Talks Club
Current affairs / Defence Club
Art and Craft Club